Fellowship Church Lubbock exists to bear out the old Reformation tenet “Soli Deo Gloria” as we live, work, play, worship and serve for God’s glory alone!
The message of the Bible is that man can only find salvation because of God’s amazing gift of grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone, according to the scriptures alone, to the glory of God alone. We sing, preach, and teach that message. We minister to our city because of that message, and we commit ourselves to proclaiming that message to the whole world.
We hope that you will learn more about our church. As you do, we believe you will find that we are marked by the following characteristics:
- Passionate Biblical Preaching
- Loving Sacrificial Fellowship
- Practical Gospel Application
- Zealous Soul Care
- Intentional Evangelism
In 2002, after nearly two years of prayer around dining room tables, Mark and Sherri Proctor and Joe Don and Jamie Long watched in awe as God began to assemble a team of gifted leaders.
These leaders all had a burden for Lubbock, Texas and envisioned a new church:
- where worship, preaching, teaching, giving, and outreach were Christ-centered;
- where the gospel of Jesus Christ would be at the forefront, proclaimed to God’s glory;
- where biblical discipleship would be fostered and fruitful;
- where lives would be daily affected by the preaching and teaching of God’s Word;
- where the congregation would be shepherded toward a vital relationship with Jesus;
- where lives would be transformed through the indwelling and leading of the Holy Spirit, and
- where the genuine community of the first-century church would be maintained.
This was the beginning of Fellowship Church Lubbock.
Founded in November 2002, FCL’s first service was held February 2, 2003 in a vacant bank building on west 50th street, with 90 people in attendance. In March 2003 the church moved to their second facility at 6104 45th Street, where they remained until 2013 when the lease expired at that location.
For the next three years, services were held in the rented sanctuary at Lubbock Impact Ministries (34th and Boston). FCL spent those three years diligently praying that God would lead and that He would provide a permanent building for continued growth and ministry.
In Romans 11:33, 36 Paul proclaims, “Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen!”
In Spring 2016, God providentially answered our prayers in a way we could never have imagined by simultaneously furnishing a property and nearly doubling the funds the church had set aside for a building! On July 30, 2016 FCL purchased the property at 7505 Avenue U, thankful to God and excited to see how he would use FCL in the days ahead!
As we serve today from this location, our prayer is to maintain and increase FCL’s main focus and goal – proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ in Lubbock and worldwide through our various mission projects - while striving to be faithful shepherds, servants, ministers, disciples and witnesses. Glory to God alone!